Sahara Refund Portal: Introducing the Sahara India Refund Portal Link (mocrefund.crcs.gov.in) – an online platform facilitating the claim process for depositors seeking refunds from Sahara Group. Launched today by Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah, in Delhi, the CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal aims to assist millions of depositors in reclaiming their funds. With this portal, the Union Government initiates the process of returning money that was previously held in four cooperative societies of Sahara Group, providing much-needed relief to the investors. Read on to discover all the essential details about the portal and the seamless claim process to get your money back.
Sahara Refund Portal
- Sahara Refund Portal
- Sahara Refund Portal Launch Date 2023
- Sahara Refund Portal mocrefund.crcs.gov.in
- How to Apply for Sahara Refund Portal?
- How to claim Sahara Refund Portal: Step by step guide
- How will the portal work?
- Who is Eligible to Claim through the CRCS Sahara refund portal?
- How much money will be refunded?
- How long will it take to get a refund?
- How much money will be refunded?
- Watch: Amit Shah launches Sahara Refund Portal
Great news for about 10 crore Sahara depositors! On July 18, 2023, Union Cooperative Minister Amit Shah will launch the Sahara Refund Portal. This portal will facilitate the return of funds to Sahara investors whose investment period has ended. All necessary information regarding the Sahara Refund Portal will be available on the official portal. The launch of this portal comes in response to the Supreme Court’s decision.
The Sahara Refund Portal, launched by the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS), Ministry of Cooperatives, Government of India, aims to distribute Rs 5000 crore to cooperative societies of the Sahara Group with authorized members. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Sahara Refund Portal, eligibility criteria, the refund process, and other important information.
Sahara India Parivar CRCS 2023 Overview
|Name||Sahara India Parivar|
|Founded On||1978 (Gorakhpur, India)|
|Launch date||18 July 2023|
|Headquarters||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Key people||Subrata Roy (Chairman)|
|Owner||Subrata Roy (100%)|
|Number of employees||12 lakhs (salaried, consultants, field workers, agents, and business associates)|
Sahara Refund Portal Launch Date 2023
The eagerly awaited CRCS Sahara Refund Portal is set to be officially launched on July 18, 2023, by India’s Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah. The grand launch will take place at 11 am in Atal Akshay Urja Bhawan, New Delhi. Once operational, the portal will provide a seamless platform for all Sahara Group depositors to claim their refunds. Investors will have a window of 45 days to apply for their refunds through the official portal. With an estimated 1 crore investors eagerly anticipating their refunds, the government’s move to launch the Sahara Refund Portal aims to simplify the process and ensure a swift resolution for all claimants.
Check Also : Pm Kisan ekyc New link
Sahara Refund Portal mocrefund.crcs.gov.in
The Sahara Refund Portal, accessible at https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in, is the official website where eligible individuals can apply for a refund. It was introduced to comply with the Supreme Court’s ruling, which ordered the CRCS to receive Rs 5,000 crore for claims related to Sahara Credit Cooperative Society Limited and other cooperative societies.
What will CRCS Sahara Refund Portal do?
The CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal’s purpose is to protect the interests of cooperative members who invested money in Sahara Group’s cooperative societies. It will assist in addressing the genuine claims of depositors from Sahara Credit Cooperative Society Ltd, Saharayan Universal Multipurpose Society Ltd, Humara India Credit Cooperative Society Ltd, and Stars Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd.
Check Latest Digital India News
Objectives of the Sahara Refund Portal 2023
The main objectives of the Sahara Refund Portal are to:
- Repay the investors of four Sahara Group cooperative societies, namely Sahara Credit Cooperative Society Limited, Saharayn Universal Multipurpose Society Limited, Hamara India Credit Cooperative Society Limited, and Stars Multipurpose Cooperative Society Limited.
- Safeguard the interests of cooperative members who had invested in these societies.
How to Apply for Sahara Refund Portal?
To apply for a refund through the Sahara Refund Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: Access the Sahara Refund Portal at https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in.
- Registration: Register by providing your information on the portal.
- Verify email address: Confirm your registration by verifying your email address.
- Log in: Log in to your account on the portal.
- Review instructions: Familiarize yourself with the instructions and features provided on the portal.
- Gather documents: Collect all the necessary documents required for your refund request.
- Fill the form: Complete the online refund request form.
- Upload documents: Upload the required documents to support your claim.
- Double-check information: Ensure all the provided information and documents are accurate.
- Submit request: Submit your refund request through the portal.
- Track progress: Keep track of your refund request status through the website.
- Provide additional information: If requested, provide any additional information or documents required.
- Receive updates: Receive updates on your refund request.
- Follow reimbursement instructions: After approval, follow the portal’s instructions for receiving the refund.
How to claim Sahara Refund Portal: Step by step guide
- Step 1: Enter the last four digits of your Aadhaar number, Aadhaar-linked mobile number, and captcha on the ‘Depositor Login Screen.’ Click “Get OTP.”
- Step 2: Enter the OTP received on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Step 3: After logging in, accept the terms and conditions on the Aadhaar Consent Screen by clicking “I Agree” and proceed.
- Step 4: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number on the Personal Details Screen. Click “Get OTP,” and the OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click “Verify OTP.”
- Step 6: After OTP verification, view your Aadhaar user details, including First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Father/Husband Name.
- Step 7: Optionally, enter your Email, click “Save Email,” and press “Next.”
- Step 8: Enter the displayed details on the screen.
- Step 9: Click on the “Add Claim” button and add multiple Claim Details in the grid.
- Step 10: Generate the Prefilled Claim Request Form once all Claim data is entered.
- Step 11: Affix a recent photograph and sign across the photo and Claim form.
- Step 12: Upload the Claim Form and a copy of your PAN Card (required for claim amounts of Rs. 50,000 or above) on the “Upload Documents” screen.
- A thank-you page will display with a Claim Request Number. Keep the Claim Request Number for future reference.
How will the portal work?
The Sahara Refund Portal will work by linking your Aadhaar number to your mobile phone number, bank account, and the CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal. Additionally, you will need to provide receipt information. After downloading, filling, and re-uploading the form, the refund process will commence.
Who is Eligible to Claim through the CRCS Sahara refund portal?
Eligible depositors of Sahara Credit Cooperative Society Ltd., Saharayan Universal Multipurpose Society Ltd., Humara India Credit Cooperative Society Ltd., and Stars Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd. can apply for a refund through the CRCS Sahara Refund Portal. The first payment, up to Rs. 10,000, will be provided to one crore investors who donated Rs. 10,000 or more using this platform.
How much money will be refunded?
You can find comprehensive refund details in the FAQ section of the Sahara Refund Portal (https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in/Faq). During the initial phase, the refund portal will distribute up to Rs 5000 crore among depositors, with each depositor eligible to receive a maximum of Rs 10,000. As a trial basis, Amit Shah announced an initial refund of Rs 10,000 for investors, with the possibility of increasing the refund amount if the trial is successful.
In this phase, around 1 crore and 7 lakh investors can register on the portal to claim up to Rs 10,000, out of a total of 4 crore eligible depositors. Once this initiative proves successful, further decisions will be made to address claims of depositors with higher amounts stuck in Sahara Group’s cooperative societies, and the entire refund process will be conducted online.
How long will it take to get a refund?
The claimant’s money will be deposited into their bank account within 45 days, as per the assurance from Union Minister Amit Shah. In case of any confusion, applicants can use the Common Services Centers’ (CSC) digital services.
Documents required to Apply on the CRCS Sahara refund portal
To apply for a refund, the following documents are required:
- Deposit account number.
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar (Mandatory).
- Membership number.
- Certificate of Deposit/Passbook.
- PAN Card (if the claim exceeds Rs. 50,000).
CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal Link Online
The online portal link for Sahara Refund is https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in.
How much money will be refunded?
In the initial phase, the refund portal will disburse up to Rs 5000 crore to depositors. However, each depositor will be able to get only Rs 10,000 in the first phase. Depending on the success of the trial basis, the amount of refund may be increased.
Watch: Amit Shah launches Sahara Refund Portal
Watch the launch of the Sahara Refund Portal by Union Cooperative Minister Amit Shah.
Supreme Court order
The Supreme Court’s order on March 29, 2023, directed the transfer of Rs 5000 crore from the ‘Sahara-SEBI Refund Account’ to the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS) for the legitimate dues of genuine depositors of Sahara Group of Cooperative Societies.
The Sahara Refund official website is a significant step towards providing relief to investors who had funds deposited in Sahara Group’s cooperative societies. The portal’s transparent and user-friendly process will expedite the refund procedure and ensure that eligible individuals receive their rightful dues in a timely manner. If you are one of the eligible depositors, do not hesitate to apply on the Sahara Refund Portal and claim your refund.
What is the Supreme Court order for Sahara refund?
Hon'ble Supreme Court vide its order dated 29th March 2023 directed that Rs. 5000 Crores be transferred out of the Sahara-SEBI Refund Account to the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS) for disbursement against the legitimate dues of the genuine depositors of the Sahara Group of Cooperative Societies.
Is Sahara giving money?
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday said 10 crore investors whose money was stuck in the four cooperative societies run by the Sahara group will get back their money with interest.
What documents are required to file a claim on CRCS-Sahara Refund official portal?
Documents required to Apply on the CRCS Sahara refund web portal Deposit account number. Mobile Number linked with Aadhaar (Mandatory) Membership number. Certificate of Deposit/Passbook. PAN Card (if the claim exceeds Rs.50,000)
How can I login to the Sahara Refund Portal?
The CRCS Sahara Refund portal login link is https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in/depositor/login. Once you have found the login section, enter your username and password in the designated fields. If you do not have an account, you may need to create one by following the registration process provided on the website. Make sure to provide accurate information during registration and keep your login credentials secure. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, it is recommended to reach out to the customer support team of the Sahara Refund Portal for assistance.
What is the Sahara refund amount?
Over the past decade, SEBI has refunded Rs 138 crore to the investors of two Sahara companies. However, the repayment amount has now significantly increased to over Rs 24,000 crore. This substantial increase reflects the ongoing efforts to address the refund claims of the investors and highlights the commitment to return the rightful funds to the investors of Sahara companies.
How will Depositor know if the claim request is approved or not?
Depositors will be notified about their refund status via SMS and/or Email. These notifications will provide updates on the progress of their refund request, ensuring that depositors stay informed throughout the process.